What You Can Expect from the Best Denver Criminal Defense Attorney
Here are some of the attributes you can expect from any of the best Denver criminal defense attorneys.
- Dedication means a relentless pursuit of a favorable outcome. The best Denver criminal defense attorney will aggressively fight on your behalf.
- A good defense attorney will have a lot of years of experience under their belt. But the best attorney for you will have much more than that. Finding a Denver criminal defense attorney that has an excellent track record will be key. Additionally, finding a firm that has handled thousands of criminal cases is important. As a result, attorneys that have defended so many cases will possess a unique perspective.
- Every practicing criminal attorney has a law degree. But not all criminal attorneys are qualified to handle any criminal matter. Knowledge is power. Experience defending serious felony cases is important. Therefore, one of the few ways to gain the right experience is to have attorneys with several years at the Colorado Public Defender’s Office.
- A Shrewd Negotiator
- If you find yourself in a plea bargain position, it’s good to know what kind of negotiator your lawyer is. In addition, the best Denver attorney will push the envelope and advocate for the best deal possible. As a result, this may be a reduced sentence term, reduced charges, or a complete dismissal of charges.
- An Effective Speaker
- The best Denver criminal defense attorneys will know how to make an impression with a jury. A closing argument can be the deciding factor for a jury. It’s your lawyer’s opportunity to persuade the jury in your favor. The best Denver criminal defense attorney will create reasonable doubt in the minds of the jury. Being able to do that in a short speech is critical to a successful outcome.
- An Advocate
- Your lawyer is your most important advocate during a trial. They are there for you to confide in and to uphold your rights as an individual. The best Denver criminal defense attorney should act in your best interest at all times. Therefore, the best criminal lawyer does not shy away from difficult tasks or arguments.
- Advice on the Best Course of Action
- The advice you receive from your lawyer on the best course of action is extremely important. The best advice may be to go to trial, or not to testify. It may be a recommendation to accept an offer to avoid worse consequences.
Hiring a great Denver criminal defense attorney is important. They will bring their knowledge and experience to the table. The best Denver criminal defense attorney brings their negotiating skills, legal research, and knowledge of the law to each case. You need a great attorney on your side when facing criminal charges. Don’t settle with an inexperienced attorney. Take control of your future by hiring someone you can trust and has your best interests in mind. Sawyer Legal Group is a nationally rated criminal defense firm. Contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.